Inbound marketing has become one of the most popular marketing tactics adopted by businesses both big and small. It is not only a cost-effective way to gain new customers, it’s also a shift in the marketing mindset. While there is still a need for certain traditional marketing tactics, a large portion of your marketing strategy and plan should follow the inbound methodology.
Inbound differs from traditional marketing in that it puts the power in your consumers’ hands. People have more available online resources than ever, which is what makes inbound marketing such a strong marketing tool.
Rather than traditional opt out marketing, inbound allows consumers to voluntarily opt in. It connects with your target audience by providing content where they want it, when they want it, and how they want it, that encourages them to connect with you.
In fact, recent inbound research has found that:
- B2B companies that blog only 1-2 times per month generate 70% more leads than those who don’t blog at all (HubSpot)
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads. (The Annuitas Group)
- The top 3 content formats that B2B buyers seek out to research a purchase decision include: Whitepapers (78%), Case Studies (73%), and Webinars (67%) (DemandGen)
- Inbound practices produce 54% more leads than traditional outbound practices. (HubSpot)
Building a strong collection of inbound marketing content takes time, but they are extremely valuable tools in your business strategy. Some of the most useful inbound tactics include:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Marketing automation
- Whitepapers, ebooks, videos and other premium content
We start by getting to know your business with an intensive onboarding step. We learn everything we can about not only who you are, but also your competitors and the specific consumers you’re trying to reach. We develop strong buyer personas that will help to create targeted content. At each step of the process, we consider you a valuable part of the marketing team. After all, no one knows your business like you do.
Because marketing best practices change on a regular basis, we utilize agility in our inbound methodology with a points system. This method allows us to allocate your budget to the most pressing projects while giving your business the flexibility it needs to be competitive.
At Watermark, we help you navigate through all elements and phases of inbound marketing. There are many steps to the buyer’s journey, and you need to be able to engage consumers at every stage. We build the best strategy and create content that will not only help you attract and close leads, but persuade loyal customers to share information about your company with others. Our goal is to help you convert the “slightly interested” to “when can we talk?”